GSM/GPRS A6 BOARD
This A6 GSM/GPRS Module is now a big competitor for SIM900 series module.
It supports dual-band GSM/GPRS network, available for GPRS and SMS message data remote transmission.
The board features compact size and low current consumption. With power saving technique, the current consumption is as low as 3mA in sleep mode.
It communicates with microcontroller via UART port, supports command including GSM 07.07, GSM 07.05 and Ai-Thinker enhanced AT Commands.
GPRS module wireless module, also known as, simply, is to achieve TTL Serial Communication Switch GPRS wireless communication module. Using a mobile phone SIM card and the network operator’s GPRS wireless long-distance data transmission.
GPRS module can use the device without network, without WIFI field environment, interact with the server data.
- Default Baud rate: 115200bps and it can also be set by AT command.
- Pin pitch: 2.54mm, it can be soldered directly to the PCB experimental board
It has a few really nice features that you may not have considered usefull.
-- A real time clock that is set by the network it also knows its Time Zone.
-- 15 alarms yes 15 all with repeat function so you can set an alarm for 12 Noon and have it repeat Every day or every weekday etc. The alarm also powers the module on so for say a AMR system you could set the alarm for midnight each day the module would power up send +CALV: <n> to the controller the controller could then tell the module to send the data as a text and power the module down. Which can also be done by a single AT Command.
-- A low power mode <1mA. All functionally still works SMS phone e.t.c. but the AT command serial is off this is controlled by pulling a single pin low.
How to use it:
1. Connect UART_TXD to RX of the FTDI
2. Connect UART_RXD to TX of the FTDI
3. Connect GND to the GND of the FTDI
4. Connect VCC5.0 To the PWR_KEY pin.This acts like CHIP ENABLE.
5. Connect a Micro Usb for the power(with any smartphone charger)
6. After 4-5 second you can remove the connection between VCC5.0 and PWR_Key
You can open any serial monitor software like PuTty , select the port alloted to your FTDI and choose 115200baud.
Input “AT”, and if you see “OK” it works!
The A6 GSM requires a CARRIAGE RETURN after every AT command.
This can be done easily with the SET MACROS function of the TERMINAL software. Here you can store AT commands
followed by a $ sign & 0D. $ sign is to Append & 0D is the ASCII for Carriage Return.
The good new is the AT commands are very close to the Commands for others Gprs/Gsm modules like SIM800/SIM900 .
The CIPMUX command can’t be used, maybe it’s CMUX
How to make a call ?
ATD+the phone number
For example: ATD079xxx
Push enter and you will recieve the call.Note that no semicolon is required as in SIM900.
The no. will be dialled even if you use a semicolon.
How to send a message ?
AT+CMGF=1 to change to TEXT mode.
>(write the message here) (push Ctrl-Z and Enter, it doesn’t work in the Arduino Serial monitor but you can do it in Teraterm ,Putty or SCOM
CTRL+Z can be sent using the ASCII code 1A.
You can see all your previous message with:
for an another message change the number
- Working frequency: quad-band network, 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- Working voltage: 4.5~5.5V DC (On-board voltage regulator circuit supply power for A6 module)
- Working current: maximum of 2A
- Sleep current: 5mA
- Onboard Micro SIM card holder, you can install Micro SIM card
- Onboard Micro USB interface for external power supply
- Communication Interface: TTL serial port
- Baud rate: 115200bps and it can also be set by AT command.
- Interface logic voltage: 3.3V
- Make and answer phone calls using a headset and electret microphone.
- Send and receive SMS messages.
- Send and receive GPRS data (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.) .
Ideal solution for M2M applications
- Industrial and PDA
- Personal tracking
- Ppower environmental monitoring
- Wireless POS
- Smart metering
- Other M2M applications , to provide comprehensive GSM / GPRS text messaging, voice and data transmission services.
Features of GPRS:
- Wide coverage: GPRS have good coverage, is the world’s prevailing 2G communication standards. Basically the phone can call the place by GPRS wireless Internet access;
- Forever Online: as long as the activated GPRS applications will remain online, similar to a wireless line network services.
- By the amount of the charge: GPRS services, though to be online, but you do not have to worry about the cost issue; because only generated when traffic accounting.
- High-speed transmission: GPRS currently supports peak transfer rate of 85.6Kbps, the theoretical peak transfer up to more than 100 Kbps.
1x GSM/GPRS A6 Board
A6 GSM AT COMMANDS