What is OLED?
OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode) is a self light-emitting technology composed of a thin multi-layered organic film placed between an anode and cathode. In contrast to LCD technology OLED does not require a backlight. OLED possesses high application potential for virtually all types of displays and is regarded as the ultimate technology for the next generation of flat-panel displays.
The use of OLED technology offers the following advantages for flat-panel displays?
1. A simplified manufacturing process compared to TFT-LCD (See comparison of Picture 1 and Picture 2 below)
2. Self-emitting lighting contrast to the required backlight for TFT-LCD
3. High luminosity
4. Lightweight and thin (less than 2 mm)
5. Capable of wide viewing angles?~180??
6. Low operating voltage and power consumption
7. Quick response (~ ? second level)
8. Wide range of operating temperatures (-40 C to 85 C)
Wide voltage range: 3.3V-5V DC
Viewing angle: greater than 160 degrees
Driver IC: SSD1306
Size: 0.96 inch
Communication: IIConly two I/O pins!
1 x 128X64 OLED 0.96 INCH DISPLAY