Bosch Sensortec’s BME688 Development Kit allows for testing and developing use cases based on temperature, barometric pressure, humidity and gas sensing. The BME688 is the first environmental sensor to support AI algorithms and can detect gases by measuring their unique electronic fingerprint to distinguish different gas compositions. This enables a broad spectrum of new applications.
The BME688 Development Kit can be configured with the BME AI-Studio Software. This allows to optimize performance, ODR and power consumption on specific application needs. Featuring eight BME688 sensors, the board allows you to test and gather data with more than one configuration at the same time. This significantly increases statistics and reduces development time as well.
- You don't have to be a data scientist or expert in neural networks to use BME AI-Studio. It is designed with the "normal" user in mind, includes support documentation, and has a user-friendly interface.
- Users should avoid touching the metal housing of the BME688 sensors.
- Users will also need a microSD card (32GB or less), CR1220 coin cell battery, an ESP32 Thing Plus development board, and an Android phone when using the BME AI-Studio.
- How is the BME688 different from the BME680?
- The BME680 does not support AI features.
- Can users test the AI software it with the current BME680?
- No, this is not possible, as the BME680 does not have the necessary H2S gas scan function.
- Bosch BME688 Evaluation Board
- 8x BME688 sensor array
- 2x buttons for data labeling
- Real time clock
- CR1220 coin cell battery holder (Battery not Included)
- µSD card slot (SD Card not Included)