This module is based on the Sparkfun AD8232 Single Lead Heart Rate Monitor, it is a cost-effective board used to measure the electrical activity of the heart. This electrical activity can be charted as an ECG or Electrocardiogram and output as an analog reading. ECGs can be extremely noisy, the AD8232 Single Lead Heart Rate Monitor acts as an op amp to help obtain a clear signal from the PR and QT Intervals easily.
The AD8232 is an integrated signal conditioning block for ECG and other biopotential measurement applications. It is designed to extract, amplify, and filter small biopotential signals in the presence of noisy conditions, such as those created by motion or remote electrode placement.
The AD8232 Heart Rate Monitor breaks out nine connections from the IC that you can solder pins, wires, or other connectors to. SDN, LO+, LO-, OUTPUT, 3.3V, GND provide essential pins for operating this monitor with an Arduino or other development board. Also provided on this board are RA (Right Arm), LA (Left Arm), and RL (Right Leg) pins to attach and use your own custom sensors. Additionally, there is an LED indicator light that will pulsate to the rhythm of a heart beat. This kit includes three Biomedical Sensor Pads and Sensor Cable.
Note: This product is NOT a medical device and is not intended to be used as such or as an accessory to such nor diagnose or treat any conditions. We recommend using the Single Lead HRM with battery power to ensure no issues with a current loop when connected to the electrical grid.
- Fitness and sports heart rate monitoring
- Portable ECG
- Remote health monitor
- Game peripheral equipment
- Bioelectricity signal collection
- AD8232 adopts double poles high-pass filter to eliminate the motion artifacts and electrode half cell potential
- AD8232 adopts an operational amplifier that is without using constraint to build a three pole low pass filter, eliminating extra noises
- Rated temp range : 0 - 70 degree
- Working temp range: - 40 - 85 degree
1 x ECG module AD8232 Pulse Heart Monitoring Sensor Module Kit