The Raspberry Pi PoE HAT powers a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B and Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ via an Ethernet cable. Power-sourcing equipment is required on the Ethernet network.
The Raspberry Pi Power over Ethernet HAT is a small accessory for the Raspberry Pi computer. It can only be used with the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (launched June 2019) and the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ (launched March 2018). The PoE HAT allows you to power your Raspberry Pi using Power over Ethernet–enabled networks; for this product to be used, the network it is connected to needs to have power-sourcing equipment installed.
Supplied with this product
· Raspberry Pi PoE HAT
· Mechanical spacers
Other hardware needed
· A Raspberry Pi 4 Model B or Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
· An Ethernet cable
· Power-sourcing equipment for a 802.3af Power over Ethernet network
Connecting your PoE HAT to the Raspberry Pi
· Before installing the PoE HAT, you must attach the supplied spacers in the four corners of the board
· Then connect the Raspberry Pi PoE HAT to the two 0.1” headers (40 + 4) that are fitted on the Raspberry Pi
· Once the PoE HAT board is connected, you can power the Raspberry Pi through its RJ45 network connector
Disconnecting your PoE HAT
· Take care when separating the HAT from the Pi
· Pull evenly so that it detaches from all the pins at the same rate; do not pull one end of the connector off before the other
No modification to the main Raspberry Pi board is needed for this product to work. Please ensure that your Raspberry Pi’s software is up to date for all functionality to be available. The PoE HAT is fitted with a small fan that is controlled by the Raspberry Pi via I2C. The fan will turn on and off automatically depending on the temperature of the main processor on the Raspberry Pi.
The Raspberry Pi PoE HAT is an add-on board for the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B and the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+. It allows the Raspberry Pi to be powered via a power-enabled Ethernet network.
· 802.3af PoE
· Fully isolated switched-mode power supply
· 37–57V DC, Class 2 device
· 5V/2.5A DC output
· 25mm x 25mm brushless fan for processor cooling
· Fan control
IMPORTANT: PLEASE RETAIN THIS INFORMATION FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
· Shall only be powered using 802.3af-compliant power sourcing equipment; any external power supply used with the Raspberry Pi shall comply with relevant regulations and standards applicable in the country of intended use
· Should be operated in a well-ventilated environment, and should not be covered
· Should be placed on a stable, flat, non-conductive surface while in use, and should not be contacted by conductive items
Instructions for safe use
To avoid malfunction or damage to your Raspberry Pi product, please observe the following advice:
· Do not block or obstruct the fan
· Do not insert anything into the fan at any time
· Do not expose the product to water or moisture, and do not place it on a conductive surface whilst it is in operation
· Do not expose it to heat from any source; the product is designed for reliable operation at normal room temperatures
· Take care whilst handling to avoid mechanical or electrical damage to the printed circuit board and connectors
· Avoid handling the Raspberry Pi while it is connected to a power outlet; only handle by the edges to minimize the risk of electrostatic discharge damage
· All other peripherals used with the Raspberry Pi should comply with relevant standards for the country of use and be marked accordingly to ensure that safety and performance requirements are met; these peripherals include, but are not limited to, keyboards, monitors, and mice used in conjunction with the Raspberry Pi
1 x Raspberry Pi PoE HAT