Waveshare NB-IoT/eMTC/EDGE/GPRS/GNSS HAT for RPi Zero/Zero W/Zero WH/2B/3B/3B+, Based on SIM7000E,Supports TCP,UDP,PPP,HTTP,Mail
This Raspberry Pi HAT features multi communication functionalities: NB-IoT, eMTC, EDGE, GPRS, and GNSS.
The NB-IoT (NarrowBand-Internet of Things) and eMTC (enhanced Machine Type Communication) are rising IoT communication technologies evolved from LTE (4G), with advantages include low power, low cost, wide coverage, etc. They are suited for applications such as intelligent instruments, remote controlling, asset tracking, remote monitoring, E-health, mobile POS terminals, sharing bikes, and so on. While the GSM/GPRS, and EDGE are traditional 2G/2.5G technologies capable of sending SMS or making other wireless communications.
Therefore, the SIM7000E NB-IoT HAT would be an ideal choice for either evaluating new rising technologies, or simply communicating/positioning via multiple ways.
- Raspberry Pi connectivity, compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero/Zero W/Zero WH/2B/3B/3B+/3A+
- Supports TCP, UDP, PPP, HTTP, FTP, MQTT, SMS, Mail, etc.
- Supports GNSS positioning (GPS,GLONASS,BeiDou and Galileo)
- Onboard USB interface, to test AT Commands, get GPS positioning data, and so on
- Breakout UART control pins, to connect with host boards like Arduino/STM32
- Onboard voltage translator, 3.3V by default, allows to be switched to 5V via 0Ω resistor
- SIM card slot, compatible with both normal SIM card and NB-IoT specific card
- 2x LED indicators, easy to monitor the working status
- Baudrate: 300bps~3686400bps
- Control via AT commands (3GPP TS 27.007, 27.005, and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands)
- Supports SIM application toolkit: SAT Class 3, GSM 11.14 Release 98, USAT
- Comes with development resources and manual (examples for Raspberry Pi/Arduino/STM32)
|Band||SIM7000E: FDD-LTE B3/B8/B20/B28||GPRS/EDGE 900/1800 MHz|
|SIM7000C: FDD-LTE B1/B3/B5/B8|
|Power saving||Current in sleep mode: 1.2mA (@DRX=2.56s). Current in PSM mode: 9uA.|
|Emitting power||Class 3 (0.25W@LTE)||Class E2 (0.5W@EGSM900)|
Class E1 (0.4W@DCS1800)
|Class 4 (2W@GSM900)|
Class 1 (1W@DCS1800)
|SIM Card||NB Specific (Not Included)||Normal SIM (Not Included)|
|Applicable Region||SIM7000E NB-IoT HAT is mainly applicable in Europe, Africa, Australia, Southeast Asia, SIM7000C NB-IoT HAT is mainly applicable in Asia-Pacific region.|
Please check the supported bands according to your local service provider, select the proper one when placing order.
Receiver typeGNSS Specifications
- Tracking: -162 dBm (GPS)/-157 dBm (GLONASS)/TBD (BD)
- Cold starts: -148 dBm
- Cold starts: <35s
- Hot starts: <1s
- Power supply: 5V
- Operating voltage: 5V/3.3V (3.3V by default)
- Sleep Mode current: 1.2mA(@DRX=2.56s)
- Power Save Mode current: 9uA
- Operating temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Storage temperature: -45°C ~ 90°C
- Dimension: 30.2mm x 65mm
the Raspberry Pi in the photo is NOT included.
SIM7000E NB-IoT HAT is mainly applicable in Europe, Africa, Australia, Southeast Asia. otherwise it can't be used.
- SIM7000E NB-IoT HAT x1
- GSM Antenna x1
- GPS External Antenna (B) x1
- USB type A plug to micro plug cable x1
- RPi screws pack (2pcs) x1